Re: New-maintainer - STOP THAT SHIT

On Sat, Jan 13, 2001 at 01:31:47PM -0500, Sam Hartman wrote:
[snip]
> So, I haven't been following these threads, not because there isn't
> some important content, but because I've been busy with a few other
> things.  Has the DAM or the project leader explained why they don't
> want to appoint a second DAM to help out?  I'm not interested in
> speculations so much; I can speculate too.  But if there's been an
> actual answer someone could point me at, then it would really help.
> I'm getting a lot of questions about this issue from people who are
> sort of watching Debian politics from the sidelines, and as a
> developer, it would help me a lot if I could explain what is going on
> in the project.
[snip]

I second that. This (and related) thread(s) has too many flames already,
but I think many people genuinely want to know what's up with the DAM and
whether there's a way to help out. I don't have the answer to the issues
raised here either, but some facts might help. :-)

MS Windows: 32-bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16-bit patch to an
8-bit operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor, written
by a 2-bit company that can't stand 1-bit of competition.