Re: Developer Behavior

Marc Haber <debian-devel.lists.debian.org@marc-haber.de> writes:

> On Mon, 8 Jan 2001 10:35:51 -0600, "Vince Mulhollon"
> <vlm@norlight.com> wrote:
> >Now that you and Eray have publically complained about the team's slowness,
> >that means that after you complete the NM process, you both be joining the
> >NM team to help your fellow developers get processed quicker, right?
>
> I currently have the impression that actually the DAM is the
> bottleneck. For me, it took months to get an AM assigned, three days
> to get through the AM's checks, and now I am waiting ten weeks for DAM
> approval.

That's right. I've completed the AM process for 4 people. One of those
people got an account immediately; the others are waiting for 3-4
months now. The DAM didn't reply when asking for the reason of the
delay. I would be totally content if I received a message with the
single line "I'm busy, it'll take another month", but the DAM doesn't
seem to think that's necessary.

It would be a really good idea IMHO if there were another few
DAMs. Well, in theory this is not needed, the job of the DAM is
trivial: check if the AM did something wrong, and tell him, or create
the account. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes. In practise, this
doesn't seem to work.

It is somewhat frustrating to having tell the applicants that they did
everything right, that I appreciate their work and support their
application, but still can't do anything.

	Falk