Re: Status of testing for non-us?

On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 06:44:36PM -0500, Sam Hartman wrote:
>     Petr> Are you sure, that non-US doesn't have testing? I can see a
>     Petr> testing -> woody symlink there and Packages are different
>     Petr> also.
>     Sam> Not very different.  Looks only like things that have had
>     Sam> security updates applied.  I don't see an update excuses and
>     Sam> I find it hard to believe that no new package has qualified
>     Sam> to move into testing for non-us.
>     Brian> My non-US packages (heimdal-* and libpam-heimdal) are
>     Brian> listed in the update excuses file.  -- Brian May
>     Brian> <bam@debian.org>
> And so it is.  Hmm, I'm confused about how I missed that, as heimdal
> was one of the packages I was checking for on a semi-daily basis.

There's no need to feel quite so confused: I only added support for non-US
about twelve hours ago, and I still haven't fixed it up so it actually
updates woody/testing on pandora (so it appears in update_excuses.html
and the dependencies get taken into account, but the distribution doesn't
actually get updated).

> It's still broken; it claims libpam-heimdal is 0/10 days old, which I
> know to be wrong.  It also claims that openafs is 0/10 days old, also
> very wrong.
> (Unless this just started happening today)

Bingo.

I also took the liberty of switching the delays from 14 days, 7 days, 3 days
and 1 day to 10 days, 5 days, 2 days and ASAP, fwiw.

Cheers,
aj

     ``Thanks to all avid pokers out there''
                       -- linux.conf.au, 17-20 January 2001