Re: Kernel Sends 7E ?

On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 11:05:00PM -0500, admiral thrawn wrote:
> This is a POS system for Carmike Cinamas
> ( The Serve Daemon is ours. We know that the 7E's are not comming from our
> program
> we logged all the output to a file and checked. )

BUT you could be calling a network function with the wrong buffer length
or something like that.. so the kernel is sending whatever garbage is
following your packet in memory.

You could run your program through strace and see what the exact
parameters to the systems calls are. I would say it is 99% likely
that there is a bug in your program.

> We ARE useing Redhat 5.0.
>  I don't make those decesions so I can't change that. how ever I am working
> on testing the deamon on the debian system. maybe I can force a change in
> company OS <GRIN>

5.0 is ancient. Upgrade to a modern kernel and libc etc and see
if the problem still exists.

Hamish