Re: Kernel Sends 7E ?

(what does this have to do with Debian package development?)

On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 11:14:23AM -0500, Derrick (Thrawn01) wrote:

> I'm not sure if this would be the correct List to post a question such was this. but.
>
> we use Linux as the server on a Embedded DOS client-server environment.  the
> devices running embedded Initiate a communication with the Linux server. Our
> Daemon on the Linux box  responds with a single packet containing the
> Transaction information. directly after that packet the Linux box sends a
> packet containing , 8 bytes, ( in hex ) " 7E".

You need to give more information about what you are trying to do.  What kind
of packet is this?  Is there a TCP connection?  Are these UDP datagrams?  Are
you hiding your data in the IP header?  Disguised as ICMP echo replies?

I have never heard of the Linux kernel modifying data in a TCP or UDP datagram.

--
 - mdz