Re: Avifile package - help needed

> >> Zdenek Kabelac <kabi@informatics.muni.cz> writes:
>
>  > But in this case - maybe downloading script would be legal for Debian ?
>  > (just like for realplayer ? - or do you think Debian user should never
>  > see any DivX-ed movie ?)
>
>  Well, AFAICS the installer would cp *.dll /usr/lib/win32/ or something
>  along those lines, wouldn't it?  Up to that point, I guess it's ok, but
>  I *would* frown upon an installer that downloads the files from some

In this case - Should I copy these libraries to /usr/lib/win32 or
should I select probably more apropriate place like /usr/local/lib
(or even better - I would preffer to use 'stow' package for this - as in
my eyes only the /usr/local/ is the right place for files which are not
in .deb package - or maybe I'm wrong ???

Is there any Debian policy for such operation ?

It's probably also possible to build deb package in place from the downloaded
binary file and then install deb package.
(but user will have to install some packages for creating debs)

--
             There are three types of people in the world:
               those who can count, and those who can't.