Re: Avifile package - help needed

> >> Zdenek Kabelac <kabi@informatics.muni.cz> writes:
>  > But in this case - maybe downloading script would be legal for Debian ?
>  > (just like for realplayer ? - or do you think Debian user should never
>  > see any DivX-ed movie ?)
>  Well, AFAICS the installer would cp *.dll /usr/lib/win32/ or something
>  along those lines, wouldn't it?  Up to that point, I guess it's ok, but
>  I *would* frown upon an installer that downloads the files from some

In this case - Should I copy these libraries to /usr/lib/win32 or
should I select probably more apropriate place like /usr/local/lib
(or even better - I would preffer to use 'stow' package for this - as in
my eyes only the /usr/local/ is the right place for files which are not
in .deb package - or maybe I'm wrong ???

Is there any Debian policy for such operation ?

It's probably also possible to build deb package in place from the downloaded
binary file and then install deb package.
(but user will have to install some packages for creating debs)

             There are three types of people in the world:
               those who can count, and those who can't.
  Zdenek Kabelac  http://i.am/kabi/ kabi@i.am {debian.org; fi.muni.cz}