Re: Developer Behavior

On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Marek Habersack wrote:

> Same for me... My application was accepted in September, I applied in June -
> the only thing missing is the account. I have 8 packages waiting to be
> uploaded, one more to overtake from the current maintainer (he could/would
> sponsor it, but I prefer to wait till I'm "legally" in Debian) - all of them
> are actively maintained, used etc. but aren't in Debian per se. Before

I don't understand your problem: I maintained 17 or 18 packages that were
all in unstable and I had done at about a dozen uploads for Debian QA and
a complete upload of the teTeX packages before my account was created two
months ago. Where is the big problem if you send your packages to a
sponsor instead of uploading it directly that forces you not to upload a
package you have prepared?

> somebody steps forward and claims that I'm whining, I'm not - it's just a
> bit discouraging. We read many speeches here about taking part in the

Why do many applicants think they must get a Debian account before they
can really start working? It might sometimes take a bit more time until a
package is installed in the archive, but you can upload new and adopted
packages through a sponsor, work on the boot floppies and many other
things without a Debian account.

> marek

cu,
Adrian