Re: Developer Behavior [new maintainer waiting period]

On Mon, Jan 08, 2001 at 11:23:05AM -0600, Adam Heath wrote:
> I created my pgp key on Dec. 27, 1997.  2 weeks later, I was a
> developer.  Granted, this was before the closing, and the reorganization, but
> even for that time frame, that was fast.
>
> What I'm trying to say is that if you prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that
> you would benefit the project, you will be accepted.
[...]
> ps: I did the above during the bo<->hamm glibc 2.0 recompile.  I recompiled
> 3-4 packages per night for half a week or so, posting nighly updated to this
> mailing list.  I had a good portion of the list rallying for my inclusion.

Yes, and thanks to the ensuing bizarre phenomemon of "doogiebugs", it is a
cause that many folks have come to regret.

<wicked grin, duck, and run>

--
G. Branden Robinson             |     "I came, I saw, she conquered."  The
Debian GNU/Linux                |     original Latin seems to have been