Re: Developer Behavior [new maintainer waiting period]

On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Marek Habersack wrote:

> ** On Jan 08, Adam Heath scribbled:
> > On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Vince Mulhollon wrote:
> >
> > > Yes, it took me about a year's wait also.
> >
> > I created my pgp key on Dec. 27, 1997.  2 weeks later, I was a
> > developer.  Granted, this was before the closing, and the reorganization, but
> > even for that time frame, that was fast.
> >
> > What I'm trying to say is that if you prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that
> > you would benefit the project, you will be accepted.
> Hmm... http://debian.vip.net.pl/caudium,
> http://debian.vip.net.pl/caudium-unstable - does that prove _anything_ about
> me? I guess not and the NM process is what there's needed to confirm whether
> the applicant can do anything good for the project or not and the person to
> judge that is the person assigned to the applicant. Having said that, I want
> to ask what did you mean by writing the above statement?

Note that I did not flaunt my deeds to the new maintainer team.  My nightly
emails would have been a part of a normal developer updating his fellow
maintainers.  I was perfectly content to keep all those debs in a staging
area, while I waited for an account, as I knew the work would eventually be
placed in debian.

To restate, I did the work, not because I wanted to get in to debian, but
because the work had to be done, and no one else was working on those packages
at the time.~

----BEGIN PGP INFO----
Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org>        Finger Print | KeyID
67 01 42 93 CA 37 FB 1E    63 C9 80 1D 08 CF 84 0A | DE656B05 PGP
AD46 C888 F587 F8A3 A6DA  3261 8A2C 7DC2 8BD4 A489 | 8BD4A489 GPG
-----END PGP INFO-----