Re: finishing up the /usr/share/doc transition

On Mon, 1 Jan 2001, Joey Hess wrote:

> Take another look at where we are now. If 6 people fix one package a
> day until woody is frozen, we might just manage to convert all packages
> that do not yet use /usr/share/doc. If that is done, we only have to wait 2
> more releases of debian until the transition is complete.

I thought a maintainer is responsible for keeping his packages up to date?
Policy version 3.0.0 is out since 1,5 years now and if we decide to send
RC bugs on all packages with a lower Standards-Version and wait 2 months
that's a good chance to find packages whose maintainer is AWOL - all other
packages should have been updated until then.

cu,
Adrian

                -- Mahatma Ghandi