Re: finishing up the /usr/share/doc transition

On Mon, Jan  1, 2001 at 12:20:32 -0800 (+0000), Joey Hess wrote:
> Ben Collins wrote:
[snip]
> So it will need to:
>
> 1. Remove all symlinks in /usr/doc that correspond to
>    symlinks or directories with the same names in /usr/share/doc
> 2. If there are any directories with the same names in /usr/doc and
>    /usr/share/doc, merge them. (And probably whine about it, since
>    that's a bug.)
> 3. Move any remaining directories and symlinks that are in /usr/doc to
>    /usr/share/doc
> 4. Move any files in /usr/doc to /usr/share/doc (shouldn't be necessary,
>    but just in case).
> 5. Remove /usr/doc
> 6. Link /usr/doc to /usr/share/doc

1,3,5,6 need doing (for instance dh_installdocs will install symlinks in
/usr/doc if  /usr/doc exists if /usr/doc/<pkg> doesn't exist).  However do
we really need the rest?  It'd be nice I guess, but why not just fix the
packages?

Adrian

Email: adrian.bridgett@iname.com
Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing. GPG/PGP keys available on public key servers
Debian GNU/Linux  -*-  By professionals for professionals  -*-  www.debian.org