Re: tar -I incompatibility

Goswin Brederlow <goswin.brederlow@student.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:
> PS: Why not change the Solaris version to be compatible with the
> widely used linux version? I'm sure there are more people and tools
> out there for linux using -I then there are for solaris.

One point the maintainer has made on the gnu mailing lists in response
to complaints about this change is that there has actually been no
*released* version of gnu tar that uses -I for bzip (I don't know
whether it's true or not).

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche