Re: BIND 9.X package status

    Josip> On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 03:58:51PM -0700, Bdale Garbee
    Josip> wrote:
    >> bind9-lib (?)  - shared libraries ?  these may just end up in
    >> package bind9, I'm still working on the details
    >>
    >> bind9-dev - static libraries and include files

    Josip> Those two should be named libbind9 and libbind-dev (resp.)
    Josip> to be in line other libs.

Only if 9 is the major version of the library...

Here it seems to be the version of bind, not the shared library.

I have to wonder if it is really worth having a different name for the
newer package version. Are the versions really that different?
Personally, I would prefer to have apt-get automatically upgrade the
package, and that will be disabled once you include the version number
in the package number.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>