Re: egcs/gcc?

On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 17:16:43 +0200, Taneli Vähäkangas wrote:
> To me it seems that gcc272 will become obsolete once 2.4 kernel gains
> popularity.

s/gains popularity/offers the functionality that a very large majority of
people rely on in 2.2/.

For me, 2.4 currently lacks
	- x25tap
	- kerneli crypto patches
	- ReiserFS
and I'm sure there's quite a lot of stuff others use with 2.2 that hasn't
been ported to 2.4 yet.

Ray
--
LEADERSHIP  A form of self-preservation exhibited by people with auto-
destructive imaginations in order to ensure that when it comes to the crunch