Re: console-tools vs kbd

On Sun, Dec 31, 2000 at 05:54:56PM +0000, Sam Vilain wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm using a non-standard keyboard that sends odd scancodes.  I wrote a startup script that does a whole heap of "setkeycodes" commands, but I've found that the version of "setkeycodes" in the console-tools package does not work with kernel version 2.2+.  The one with the "kbd" package works fine, but "kbd" seems to be a somewhat deprecated package.

There is a known bug of setkeycodes in console-tools ignoring the last
pair of args.  If it is not fixed in your version of the package (hm,
did I already upload a fixed one ?), just adding 2 dummy parameters at
the end of the command-line should do the trick.

HTH,
--
Yann Dirson    <ydirson@altern.org> |    Why make M$-Bill richer & richer ?
debian-email:   <dirson@debian.org> |   Support Debian GNU/Linux: