Re: libglide2: debconf didn't ask question even for failed answer

    Joey> Yes, you're right. What's happening is that debconf will not
    Joey> re-ask a question unless you specifically tell it to do
    Joey> so. This is generally a good thing, in this case it is
    Joey> obviously not right. libglide2 could fix this by, after
    Joey> asking the question and before bombing out, resetting the
    Joey> question's seen flag to false. Thus, the next time it is
    Joey> run, the question would be asked again.

Just don't reset this flag in the *.config file.

Otherwise the question will be asked twice: once for apt-get
pre-installation, and the second time while the package is being
installed.

At least, this use to happen. Not sure if it has changed now.

I have noted a some packages in potato do have this bug - you have to
enter the settings twice for a single installation. IIRC horde and/or
imp have this problem. I can't remember right now if I filed a bug
report or not.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>