Re: On Bugs

>  Thomas> That's a great theory.  But I don't think it matches reality in
>  Thomas> practice; I think some maintainers just ignore huge patches of normal
>  Thomas> bugs.
>
> 	And what is the guarantee that if important bug repotrs gets
>  more commmon, these maintainers shan't start ignoring those as well?

Nothing; I haven't been agitating on that subject at all.

The problem with lots of bug reports is that lots of bugs aren't
getting fixed.  It's really not that hard to figure out...

As for the "use NMU's to fix trivial bugs"; outside unususal cases
(bugsquashing parties, security bugs, etc), I'd have thought this was
a really bad idea, but some people in this thread have been suggesting
it.

As policy czar, can you illuminate how I ought to think about that?