Re: On Bugs

On Mon, Oct 02, 2000 at 10:32:05AM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> How about a different slant?
> Why should a grave bug on gedit hold up a release?

It won't: it'll get gedit removed. That's not the question, the question
is whether a bug is severe enough to mean *no one* should use it. Just
because it's no good for colour blind users (eg) doesn't mean we shouldn't
make it available for normally sighted people.

The only reason it actually holds up release is because there are usually
so ridiculously many "release critical" bugs that it saps time from
whoever's trying to get the release ready.

Cheers,
aj

                                      -- Dave Clark