Re: KDE & apt

On Sun, Oct 08, 2000 at 05:14:28AM -0700, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:
> it's not you...I've had tons of private mail about this and several bug
> reports.  don't worry about it.

I see.

> it wasn't a temporary solution...the kdelibs-nossl and kdelibs was the
> seperation at first when I couldn't do anything other than this due to
> upstream issues.  Now that those upstream issues are fixed up I can
> break it down in a more logical way.

That's good.

> Don't take it personal..I'm just tired of discussing it.  I had to make

I don't take it personal, I just don't think asking what's going on is a
stupid thread. Of course if you already discussed this hundreds of times you
will feel tired of doing so, but since none of this was public, how shall I
know?

> you can't use SSL support in beta packages in an unstable distribution
> shouldn't be cause to get upset.  Whether or not you persoanlly got upset,
> alot of others did and it pissed me off.  SSL suport IMHO is a added

I agree that this is not a cause to be upset, but the lack of information
may cause some to be upset. After all the distribution would remain unstable
forever if noone would run it on his system.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Michael@Fam-Meskes.De