Re: KDE & apt

On Sat, Oct 07, 2000 at 01:58:32PM +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 07, 2000 at 01:26:35AM -0700, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:
> > kdelibs-nossl is going away along with the non-US kdelibs.  They are
> > being replaced with a kdelibs that will go into main and a kdelibs-crypto
> > that will go in non-US.  The -crypto will only contain the modules necessary
> > for SSL support and nothing more.
>
> Okay, I like this solution. But I do not understand why the packages have to
> depend on kdelibs-nossl. Why not let them depend on kdelibs, upload
> a non-ssl version to main and remove the non-US version?

I'm really getting tired of this.

I had to force the versions as too many people had too many different
versions of packages based on different versions of kdelibs.  kdelibs has
kept changing way too much until recently.  I had to cut down on the
number of bug reports I was getting and verify that the packages worked or
didn't work.

I can't just let them depend on kdelibs...if I did, that would defeat the
purpose of what I was testing.  the SSL support has been ultra-unstable
lately and therefore I chose to make the non-ssl versions the one to force
people to use.

Now that this has been done and everyone is forced into using specific
versions then I can upload the split packages the way they need to be.
(this also thanks to KDE finally getting to a stable point to allow this).
Sitting in incoming is all the stuff...and has been since just slightly
after this stupid thread started.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II