USB support packages?

Hi,

	I wonder if anybody is already working on USB support packages.
These should include the /etc/init.d scripts and the hotplug policy
scripts. The general scripts are currently available at

	http://sourceforge.net/projects/linux-usb

They are pretty easy to install, but a nice deb package would be nice.
I also noticed that the MAKEDEV script does not include usb
devices.

I left the maintainer of makedev a patch with my changes, but so
far I got no response. So I decided to put together my own package,
including the script which creates the /dev/usb/* entries:

	http://tinic.net/usb-common

Its still in early stage, since it should include more intelligent
detection of devices, a seperate usb-daemon package for 2.2.18+ kernels
etc. Any comments on that would be nice.

I already applied as a debian developer, but the application will take
months to go through like it looks...

greets

Tinic Uro