Re: we need a release announcement -- soon [source material]

On Fri, Aug 04, 2000 at 09:40:55PM +0200, J.A. Bezemer wrote:
> Important to stress that it can find packages on multiple CDs and
> automatically ask the user for the correct CD(s). (Can RPM do such a
> thing? They still have only one "official" CD, isn't it?)

Well... as a current RedHat user for work purposes and debain for home I can
say RPM is brain dead in where the files come from. It would be better
compaired to dpkg I think in that it doesn't keep track of where the rpms
come from and you have to manually tell it where they are. Also RedHat 7.0
beta is supposed to be 2 CD's so that is going to get intresting..  almost
tempted to download the ISO and test it...

ttylz

--
AIM: FDragon666			ICQ: 9333698

Today is Sweetmorn, day 70 in the season of Confusion, 3166.

"...Deep Hack Mode--that mysterious and frightening state of
consciousness where Mortal Users fear to tread."
(By Matt Welsh)