Re: we need a release announcement -- soon [source material]

"Christian Pernegger" <pernegger@chello.at> wrote:
>Apt wasn't really standard with slink, was it? And "painless and flawless"
>doesn't convey its power. IMHO this part should mention:
[...]
>	* that you can easily optimize packages for your system by doing an
>        apt-get -b source PACKAGE. (Scrap those "Pentium optimized"
>        distros :) ) Those build scrips are a godsend.

I don't think you can normally build optimized packages this way, at
least not if you mean optimized for subarchitectures like the Pentium.
Normally dpkg-buildpackage (which is called by apt-get -b) will build
for the more generic Debian architecture (i386 in the case of the
Pentium), which doesn't have any processor-specific optimizations.