virtual package for mixer programs?

Some audio programs really depend on the user having a mixer program of
some sort in order to work correctly.  Since there are many mixer
programs, I'd hate to force my prefrence for aumix on people, but it
doesn't appear that there is a virtual package for mixers.  Would such a
virtual package be appropriate?

On #debian it was suggested that I file bugs against mixer programs in
order to get this done, but I thought that I would first ask if it was an
appropriate idea at all, since mixers vary widely in quality and
capability (some needing X, some not, etc.), and if filing bugs was the
correct way to do it.

Britton Kerin
__
GNU GPL: "The Source will be with you... always."