Re: Boost Windows Reliability!!!!!

On Tue, Dec 26, 2000 at 12:05:00PM +0200, Kai Henningsen wrote:
> Did you ever wonder (assuming you even noticed) why so much spam gets sent
> to completely invalid addresss (for example, to message ids)? Because
> spamware sellers don't care if the "finely targetted" addresses they sell
> actually work (let alone are targetted in any way).

On related note, it's fun to watch all the spams sent to
<oldclosedbug>@bugs.debian.org or even <oldclosedbug>-done@bugs.debian.org
addresses. OTOH it's not fun to discover that someone spammed
<existingbug>-forwarded@bugs.debian.org (those escape me since I'm not
watching the appropriate mailing list).

For the record, right now I'm the primary reason why the spam in the BTS
`magically' disappears, once it's reported to owner@bugs.debian.org. :)