Re: testing to be implemented on ftp-master

On Tue, 19 Dec 2000, Anthony Towns wrote:

> > Such things might e.g. be caused if you do a new upload of your package
> > every week - so one package is never 14 days in unstable and a new version
> > never makes it into testing.
>
> If you're doing that, you need to either take a holiday for a fortnight,
> so your last uploaded package gets included while you're at the beach,
> or hax0r the urgency level up to "medium" or so so that it doesn't take
> as long to get included.

BTW: Are there any rules when a developer has to use which urgency or can
     he if he wants to simply do all his uploads with the urgency set to
     "high"? I read the Packaging Manual and I did only find a very vague
     "how important it is to upgrade to this version from previous ones"
     that can be interpreted in many ways.

> Cheers,
> aj

cu,