Re: What are the Woody release goals?

On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 10:00:58PM -0500, Sam Hartman wrote:

> So, the recent discussion on release dates and related issues has made
> me acutely aware of my ignorance as a new developer.
>
> We keep telling people that we have release goals.  I don't know them;
> this is bad, as it makes it hard for me to work on meeting them.
> Also, it is bad because it makes it hard for me to evaluate our
> progress.  Finally, there is a certain part of me who wonders to what
> extent these goals exist; are we just telling ourselves we have goals
> because we know we should have goals and moving forward without a
> destination would be foolish?

Well I do not know where you have been told about our release goals, but
I do not know of them. Well there are some goals but they are not that
very strict.

We should release a new version faster than the previous time.
We should freeze woody now sometime so that it can be released.
It should be released when it is stable enough.

> Where should I have found these goals?  How do I influence the

If you read some of the mail here on the list (or in the archieve) you
will probably notice that this question rises from time to time. Some
days ago somebody asked exactly what you did. :)

// Ola

/  opal@debian.org                     Björnkärrsgatan 5 A.11   \
|  opal@lysator.liu.se                 584 36 LINKÖPING         |
|  +46 (0)13-17 69 83                  +46 (0)70-332 1551       |
|  http://www.opal.dhs.org             UIN/icq: 4912500         |