Re: What are the Woody release goals?

On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 10:00:58PM -0500, Sam Hartman wrote:
>                  [...]    are we just telling ourselves we have goals
> because we know we should have goals and moving forward without a
> destination would be foolish?

Maybe.  I'm a newbie, too, but I haven't seen explicit goals, so assumed
the following, which may not be true:

  --time-->

  foo begun      foo frozen  foo release
                 bar begun                   bar frozen     bar release
                                             baz begun            ....

At foo's freeze, we begin to add to bar -- we always need a place to add
new stuff.  Some comfortable time after foo's release (a month?), we
should start to think more about removing bugs from the new additions,
and freeze bar and begin baz.

It's not quite done this way, but I've idealized it in my head to work
closely.  Debian's actually much uglier.  Blame our size.

> Where should I have found these goals?  How do I influence the
> selection of goals for future releases?

Right here, AFAICT.  It'd be swell to hammer out specifics, but not
package specifics -- those _always_ change.

						- chad

--
Chad Miller <cmiller@surfsouth.com>   URL: http://web.chad.org/   (GPG)
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced".