Re: Packages in pool and woody

Peter Makholm wrote:

> Lauri Tischler <lauri.tischler@iki.fi> writes:
>
> > My question really was about actual *.deb files themselves, if we
> > are using pool why are there any files in potato|woody|sid at all
> > Shouldn't they consist only of Packages.gz file(s) which then picks
> > files from pool.
>
> Yes, when the transistion period is over. Until then a distribution
> will have both files in the pool and in the distributioan (the old
> way) The present woody package file has the following two packages:
>
> Package: abcde
> Filename: dists/woody/contrib/binary-all/sound/abcde_1.1.2-1.deb
>
> Package: aktion
> Filename: pool/contrib/a/aktion/aktion_2.1-20001213-1_i386.deb
>
> Only the second package has been moved into the packagepool.

OK, during interim period, Packages.gz points to various directions.

That does not explain why file,
/dists/woody/non-US/main/binary-i386/apache-ssl_1.3.12.2+1.41-2.deb,
unreferenced by Packages.gz of woody, still exists..

--
lauri.tischler@iki.fi * Man created god as His image *
                      *  Man has horrid imagination  *