Re: Packages in pool and woody

Lauri Tischler <lauri.tischler@iki.fi> writes:

> My question really was about actual *.deb files themselves, if we
> are using pool why are there any files in potato|woody|sid at all
> Shouldn't they consist only of Packages.gz file(s) which then picks
> files from pool.

Yes, when the transistion period is over. Until then a distribution
will have both files in the pool and in the distributioan (the old
way) The present woody package file has the following two packages:

Package: abcde
Filename: dists/woody/contrib/binary-all/sound/abcde_1.1.2-1.deb

Package: aktion
Filename: pool/contrib/a/aktion/aktion_2.1-20001213-1_i386.deb

Only the second package has been moved into the packagepool.