Re: kernel-patch-int, non-us and non-free.

On Sun, Dec 17, 2000 at 11:24:21PM +0100, Robert van der Meulen wrote:
> Quoting Peter Makholm (peter@makholm.net):
> > > kernel-patch-int is currently in non-us. I'd like to 'remove' the parts
> > > that don't need to be in non-us, and put them in main, in a seperate
> > > package.
> > And what parts do you think this is? Traditionally crypto-code can only go
> > into non-us. I have no idea what the american export rules says these days
> > and what Debian thinks about them. I would leave everything in non-us just
> > to be safe.
> That is part of my question. I am aware that it's a lot easier/simpler to
> keep everything in non-us

We should remember, that the problem is not only US export
restrictions. For examples some countries do not allow crypto at
all, so the name "non-us" also warns other people (though the
name is not best - maybe we should rename it to 'crypto'?).

hope you know what I mean

Marcin

--
Marcin Owsiany <porridge@pandora.info.bielsko.pl>