Re: ITP: OpenAL

Previously Dan Helfman wrote:
> Given a 3D coordinate for a listener, and a 3D coordinate for a
> sound-emitting object, and a velocity for that object, generate an
> appropriate stereo (or quadraphonic) sound, accounting for doppler shift
> and other fun stuff. I don't know of any other library in Debian that does
> this sort of thing currently.

Neato! I tried some of this myself once but got stuck on not having a
good model of the human head which is kind of essential. How does it
output its sound? It would be ultra-cool if you could hook it up to two
soundcards and do quadrophonic sound.

Wichert.

 /       Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool     \
| wichert@cistron.nl                  http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |