Re: ITP: Jetspeed

On Sun, Dec 17, 2000 at 01:47:40PM +0100, Stefan Gybas wrote:
> Ola Lundqvist wrote:
>
> > It is based on cocoon (that I just took over) and some other packages
> > what I plan to package too. (Separate mail).
>
> Did you get any respone from the old Cocoon maintainer? I mailed him
> some weeks ago offering to do an NMU of Cocoon that works with Tomcat
> but he never responded.

Well I got response from the old maintainers sponsor. The old maintainer
have disapeared... Feel free to NMU (or send me the pacakge so I can
fix the final things and upload it). :)

I would appriciate both the alternatives but I think the later is
better. But if you want it uploaded before x-mas you have to do it
yourself. :)

> > I think this software belongs to the contrib section because it
> > depends on jserv or tomcat and will probably not compile unless
> > jdk1.1 is used.
>
> I think you have to decide if you want to base it on JServ or Tomcat.
> The configuration is substantially different (text file vs. xml) if you
> want to intergrate Cocoon on the postinst.

First I'll make it work with tomcat and maybe later I'll try to fix
it so that it works with jserv too. But that is a later problem. :)

> > So that should be a good section to use... But if I successfully compile
> > this and a good servlet engine I'll of course place it in main. :)
>
> It's no problem to compile and rund jserv with jikes and kaffe but all
> non-trivial servlets (i.e. more than "Hello World!") won't work. So
> being able to compile is not a criteria for main.

Well that is good to hear, but I'll think of it. My goal is of course
to make it to main but probably (I'm a realist :) that is not possible
so it has to go to contrib. And as it is right now it depends on
tomcat or jserv that is in contrib.

> --
> Stefan Gybas

Regards,

// Ola

/  opal@debian.org                     Björnkärrsgatan 5 A.11   \
|  opal@lysator.liu.se                 584 36 LINKÖPING         |
|  +46 (0)13-17 69 83                  +46 (0)70-332 1551       |
|  http://www.opal.dhs.org             UIN/icq: 4912500         |