Re: XFree 4.0.1

On Fri, Dec 15, 2000 at 08:39:47AM -0500, Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> was heard to say:
> If the wrong thing is showing up as the default:
>
> 1) you've already set something else in the debconf database; or
> 2) the debconf frontend is buggy

  On another topic..I somehow got rootonly in my debconf database, and set the
value of allowed_users in Xwrapper.config to "console" by hand (using vim)
On the next upgrade, it was reset to "rootonly" and startx started failing
again.

  Should it be considered a bug that upgrading X will silently clobber
non-debconf modifications to that file, replacing them with the debconf
values?  Or is this acceptable?

  Daniel

--
/----------------- Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@brown.edu> -----------------\
|                 He was the kind of man who can use                          |