Re: XFree 4.0.1

On 15-Dec-00, 11:36 (CST), Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@brown.edu> wrote:

>   On another topic..I somehow got rootonly in my debconf database, and set the
> value of allowed_users in Xwrapper.config to "console" by hand (using vim)
> On the next upgrade, it was reset to "rootonly" and startx started failing
> again.
>
>   Should it be considered a bug that upgrading X will silently clobber
> non-debconf modifications to that file, replacing them with the debconf
> values?  Or is this acceptable?

1. I see this too.

2. No, it's not acceptable, and it should be reported as a bug. It's a
configuration file, and edits to a configuration file are sacrosanct (I
always wanted to use that word :-)).

Steve

--
Steve Greenland <stevegr@debian.org>
(Please do not CC me on mail sent to this list; I subscribe to and read