RE: Must I compile a palm-program to include in deb?

> I'd like to use the provided viewer.prc.  I think it's ok, because
> it's not supposed to run on debian.  By the way, is there a policy
> that everything must be built from sources in debian?  I guess it
> should be, but I havent found it.

apt-get install debian-policy packaging-manual
cd /usr/share/doc/debian-policy # or packaging-manual
read files

quick summation: every package in Debian must be buildable within Debian.
Otherwise it is non-free (binary only).  prc files may be an exception -- they
could reasonably be treated as data.  However, if your package in main contains
a non-free palm package, I would be loath to consider your package free.