Re: Must I compile a palm-program to include in deb?

"Sean 'Shaleh' Perry" <shaleh@valinux.com> writes:

> > I'd like to use the provided viewer.prc.  I think it's ok, because
> > it's not supposed to run on debian.  By the way, is there a policy
> > that everything must be built from sources in debian?  I guess it
> > should be, but I havent found it.
>
> apt-get install debian-policy packaging-manual
> cd /usr/share/doc/debian-policy # or packaging-manual
> read files

Of cource, but I asked for where.  I can't find a saying "compile from
the source", just that you build the package, and the source code is
available.  As I see it, you could use a binary tarball and a source
tarball, and just copy some files.  I also see that the intention is
that you should compile it on Debian, but it only says "build the
package".  But this is getting academic.

See following post for real oppinions.

/Micce

--
Mikael Hedin, MSc                   +46 (0)980 79176
Swedish Institute of Space Physics  +46 (0)980 73547 (home)