Re: lvm - I'll maintain it. - ITP lvm24

On Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 12:08:16PM +0100, Russell Coker wrote:
> On 2000-12-13 00:03, Bruce Stephens wrote:
> >Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> writes:
> >> The lvm package in woody does not work on the latest kernels.  There
> >> is a 230 day old bug report about this.
> >>
> >> I believe that no-one uses this feature on old kernels so this makes
> >> the package unusable.
> >
> >I do!  I'm running a 2.2.18pre something kernel with the patch in
> >/usr/share/doc/lvm.
> >
> >> I want to package the latest version and create a set of boot floppy
> >> images that include support for it.
> >
> >How about packaging both versions?  Is there precedent for that kind
> >of thing.  I guess Emacs is one---there's an emacs19 and an emacs20.
> >How about doing the same sort of thing with the lvm utilities?
> >Alternatively, if there is one, provide a suitable kernel patch for
> >the latest protocol---I think the disk format is the same, so that
> >would also be workable.
>
> OK.  I'll create a new package named lvm24 which conflicts with lvm and
> provides lvm.

Umm...AFAIK, joe is still working on an LVM 0.9 package.

BTW, What is this lvm24 you are talking about?  Have you seen that LVM 0.8.1
and 0.9 are out now?

Regards,
--
AJ Lewis
Sistina Software Inc.                  Voice:  612-379-3951

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build
bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. - Rich Cook