Re: Odd 4 (figure four) - appears almost like two colons

On Sat, 9 Dec 2000, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've developed an oddity - any time I see a 4 on screen the middle part
> is blanked out on the console so it appears more like a colon ????????
>
> Any ideas as to what is going on / might be wrong here ?

in the console or x?

if it's in the console, you might be having some problems with your video
card. see if running `setfont' fixes it. you might want to play with some
of your BIOS settings; if your voodoo is an AGP, try disabling the `AGP
Turbo' mode in your BIOS.

this sort of thing can also happen when you quit X; does it show up just
after a system boot, or after you have run X?

if it only shows up in X, i don't know.