Re: NetBSD pkgsrc function

On 08-Dec-00, 03:03 (CST), Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> Well, I have never used FreeBSD/OpenBSD/NetBSD, but one
> possible advantage of port system seems it can distribute
> some applications which is prihibited from binary distribution
> by their licenses.

Source packages. Or a package whose build target sucks down the source
code and unpacks and patches and builds it.

In other words, there are ways to get equivalent functionality without
re-doing our entire system, which works better than the ports system for
most people (well integrated binary packages with appropriate dependency
checking, install procedures, etc.).

steve

--
Steve Greenland <stevegr@debian.org>
(Please do not CC me on mail sent to this list; I subscribe to and read