Re: cleaning up our task packages

On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 03:55:05PM -0500, Itai Zukerman <zukerman@math-hat.com> was heard to say:
> This sounds good to me, except it looks like you need to define the
> top-level tasks in some global way (task-root, or something).  If the
> front-end could be run like this:
>
>   $ tasksel --max-level 1
>
> then we should get the same behaviour we see today?
>
> The disadvantage with aptitude is, I think, that it doesn't let you
> see this much of the hierarchy at once.

  Ah, I see.  This is because it's non-trivial to deal with circular
dependencies.  There are a couple of ways you could do this, but I haven't
implemented them yet..email me privately if you're interested in working with
it and I'll give you the details (otherwise it'll stay like it is until I get
around to working on it..it's not that hard, but I have other things scheduled
at a higher priority)

  Daniel

--
/----------------- Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@brown.edu> -----------------\
|         Human beings were created by water to transport it uphill.          |