Re: object-oriented C programming

On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 11:27:08PM -0800, Evan Prodromou wrote:

>     JMM> now sit the fuck down and stop acting like kids that go "you
>     JMM> use C, therefore you suck. oh, and my mother can kick your
>     JMM> father's ass", or the other way around. it wastes time better
>     JMM> spent elsewhere.
>
> Curiosity compels me to ask: has this tactic actually ever worked
> for you?
>
> ~ESP

yep. i write a nice mish-mash of C/C++ code. it may not look academically
great, and it may not be OOP (heck, i use C++ as an extended C), but at
least the code is readable (imo, anyway), and it gets things done. what one
does with the tools one has at ones disposal is so much more important than
what tool one uses. and quite frankly, the bickering between the C/C++ camps
is getting tedious... it's just two dialects of the same fucking language,
ffs. nothing to get ones panties in a bunch over, altho lots of people seem
to find it fun.

--
-m

When you are having a bad day, and it seems like everybody is trying to piss
you off, remember that it takes 42 muscles to produce a frown, but only 4
muscles to work the trigger of a good sniper rifle.