boot-floppies -> unattended install

rumor has it someone is working on an unattended install for Debian
similar to Solaris JumpStart ar RedHat KickStart.

What I need (and have official time to work on) is a boot-floppy that
reads a simple config file with atleast IP and partitioning
information and does an unattended install of Debian.

If this is in the works, I want to help speed it along.

If it is not, what's the shortest path to grokking the current Debian
install so I can go off and hack it on my own?

Systems Administrator