Re: boot-floppies -> unattended install

"Jonathan D. Proulx" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> rumor has it someone is working on an unattended install for Debian
> similar to Solaris JumpStart ar RedHat KickStart.
>
> What I need (and have official time to work on) is a boot-floppy that
> reads a simple config file with atleast IP and partitioning
> information and does an unattended install of Debian.
>
> If this is in the works, I want to help speed it along.
>
> If it is not, what's the shortest path to grokking the current Debian
> install so I can go off and hack it on my own?
>
> -Jon

There has been talk of implementing this sort of thing in the new
installer that is being developed, current work on the new installer has
so far been concentrated on basic functionality.

If you look in debian cvs under debian-installer there are some docs and
code, discussion about it goes on in the debian-boot mailing list.

The installer team can always do with more helpers.

Glenn