Re: Our Most Precious Resource: Programmer Time (was Re: long term goals)

On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 01:50:25PM -0200, Gustavo Noronha Silva (KoV) wrote:
> I'm just going against the idea "do not write in C! it takes a long
> time!"... Just because of the last phrase in the above paragraph...
> I've got to have quality, and if a program needs to be written in C
> (or it would be better if it was to..) one should not avoid this
> to make it easier...

it isn't a program, it's an install script. therein lies the difference. C
is not required for "speed reasons", nor is it required for cleanliness.

it works as it is, and quite frankly, the scripts are not the bottleneck.
dpkg is (as mentioned earlier).

--
-m

When you are having a bad day, and it seems like everybody is trying to piss
you off, remember that it takes 42 muscles to produce a frown, but only 4
muscles to work the trigger of a good sniper rifle.