Re: object-oriented C programming

On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Philip Brown wrote:

> I have to preface by saying that this does not LOOK like object-oriented
> programming, for those people coming from a java or C++ background.
> But if you think about it, it is.

What you've show is data abstraction, _not_ object-oriented programming.
To do OOP you'd need a table of function pointers or a similar
structure to implement virtual functions/messages and probably some
macros to make it all look nice.  OOP implies a "foo isa
bar" relationship.

Can it be done in C?  Sure.  But why anyone would use C for this instead
of C++ is beyond me.

                                      -Dave

--

"Some little people have music in them, but Fats, he was all music,
 and you know how big he was."  --  James P. Johnson