Re: Our Most Precious Resource: Programmer Time (was Re: long term goals)

On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 04:51:12PM -0800, Philip Brown wrote:

> lemme put it this way:
>
> The POSIX compliant shell I get to work with most, is ksh.
> ksh runs faster if you use [[]] over [].

posix compliant does not necessarily mean it won't have non-posix extensions.

[snip]

> So using [[]] is a good habit to get into.

then you better declare #!/usr/bin/ksh instead of #!/bin/sh since
/bin/sh can and often is ash which does not support [[]]

either that or find where posix defines [[]] and file a bug against
ash.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/