Re: Our Most Precious Resource: Programmer Time (was Re: long term goals)

On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 04:51:12PM -0800, Philip Brown wrote:
> lemme put it this way:
>
> The POSIX compliant shell I get to work with most, is ksh.
> ksh runs faster if you use [[]] over [].
[...]
> So using [[]] is a good habit to get into.

But that's irrelevant to Debian. Even if your ksh is from the pdksh
package, it's not a common shell on Debian. For maintainer scripts, ksh
shouldn't be used, because then you'd have to predepend on ksh. If
/bin/sh is used, it's either ash or bash, so those are the ones that
need to be measured.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
http://dvdeug.dhis.org