Re: ITP: gvd

On Sun, 3 Dec 2000, David Starner wrote:

> I thought that GCC had serious problems cross-compiling from a 32 bit
> target to a 64 bit targer. Does Debian currently support any 64 bit
> targets besides Alpha?

Sparc64 support is coming, so we have at least one more.  Also, progress
is being made towards making gcc/glibc work well with the 64-bit powerpc's
as well.  IIRC, hppa64 (formerly pa-risc) is also in the works.

And, yes, you're correct about cross-compiling from 32-bit targets for the
most part.  I intend on doing any such work on a Tru64 Alpha, so that's
not a problem for me :-)