Re: Reappearing Directories?

i think sendmail has a script for ip-up.d to flush the queue.. that would
explain sendmail creating /etc/ppp.

in the log, 'empurium' doesn't seam to understand that all files in /etc and
configuration files and as such all packages that put something to /etc/ppp
will create /etc/ppp, sendmail puts something there.. (i'm not sure but i think
it's for flushing the queue)

a quick run with dlocate on my system shows up the following.

ressu@stradivarius:~ $ dlocate -S /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/
ipppd: /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/00-ipppd
postfix: /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/postfix
chrony: /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/chrony
snort: /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/snort

there are 3 non ppp related files in /etc/ppp just for user comfort. postfix
will flush queue, chrony will make chrony go online when the connection is up,
same for snort.

if any of these packages is upgraded the directory will be recreated.

Regards, Sami